This highly regarded one-day course gives basic grounding in export procedures. Covers the key points including documentation and working with freight forwarders, it is ideal for all newcomers to export and as an overview for those whose job has an export connection.
Virtual Learning Platform
Full day 10.00-15.30: next available dates are
- INTRODUCTION: What is an export?
- RULES AND REGULATORS
- TRADING INSIDE THE EU: And what will change on 1 January 2021 when UK leaves the Single Market of the EU
- GOODS ON THE MOVE: Carriers, Forwarders etc. – a look inside the freight world
- EXPORT PROCEDURES: The steps along the supply chain road; what happens to goods when they arrive overseas. The Export Control System (ECS) and the Export Accompanying Documents (EAD).
- INCOTERMS® 2020 RULES: a review of the importance of using Shipping Terms correctly (eg EXW, FOB, CFR, DAP, etc)
- DOCUMENTS: Finding out what documents are needed; key documents examined and explained
- ORIGIN RULES: Certificates of Origin and Preference Certificates, ATR and EUR forms, invoice statements, Approved Exporter Status
- CUSTOMS CONTROL: An introduction to Customs procedures, how to handle temporary movements and record-keeping requirements
- THE LANGUAGE OF EXPORTS: Jargon explained including shipping terms (Incoterms), payment terms, Customs codes and common abbreviations
- WORKING WITH A FREIGHT FORWARDER: Getting it right
- WHERE TO GO FOR ADVICE
The course is fully updated to include all relevant customs procedures changes. Seminars include exercises and bullet point quizzes. Delegates receive a full, bound set of course notes, including a detailed glossary of terms and an Incoterms® 2020 Rules wallchart.
DELEGATE FEE FOR VIRTUAL LEARNING FULL DAY SESSION
OneCall Members £170.00 + VAT —– Non-Members £240.00 + VAT