A popular course that looks at all the essential elements of importing including tariff classification, customs procedures, paying duty and VAT. Whether in sourcing, procurement, finance, customer services, shipping or import administration this course will increase confidence and understanding.
Virtual Learning Platform
Full day 10.00-15.30: next available dates are
- INTRODUCTION: What do we mean by importing?
- THE TARIFF: Rules relating to international trade
- TARIFF NUMBER: The importance of tariff classification of goods (commodity code numbers)
- EU TRADE: Intrastat reporting and VAT issues. What could be the difference when UK leaves the EU?
- ORIGIN OF GOODS: What are the rules relating to origin? Why can the origin affect an importer’s costs? What is the difference between origin and preferential origin and how do you control the use of preferential trade agreement?
- AN INTERNATIONAL PURCHASE ORDER: What information is required prior to placing the order; instructing the supplier
- WORKING WITH: Internal Departments e.g. contracts, purchasing/procurement, shipping, repairs, etc.
- IMPORT CLEARANCE PROCEDURES: What happens when goods arrive in the UK? Import entry at the point of import; a look at alternative procedures e.g. CFSP. Trusted Trader benefits (AEO authorisation and the UCC)
- WORKING WITH: Freight Forwarders/ Clearing Agents
- VALUATION OF GOODS: Valuation rules – what is included in the value for duty and VAT payments; methods of paying duty/VAT
- CUSTOMS PROCEDURE CODES (CPC): The reason for bringing goods into the UK can affect the type of import entry procedure leading to cash savings but also, perhaps, Customs control and audits: here we look at the CPC available and their benefits and give and overview of UCC
- RECORD KEEPING: Recording data from an import entry; what information you should keep
- WORKING WITH: HM Revenue & Customs
- A GLOSSARY OF USEFUL TERMS
The course is fully updated to include all relevant customs procedures changes. Seminars include exercises and bullet point quizzes. Delegates receive a full, bound set of course notes, including a detailed glossary of terms and an Incoterms® 2020 Rules wallchart.
DELEGATE FEE FOR VIRTUAL LEARNING FULL DAY SESSION
OneCall Members £170.00 + VAT —– Non-Members £240.00 + VAT